Home Forums Curiosity Community Introduce Yourself!

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 28 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  RenaissanceGamer 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Kiri Callaghan
    Keymaster

Hello, you beautiful and wondrous Curiosities all over the world! Here you can introduce yourself to the community, talk about your own fantastic talents and hobbies and just mingle.

Have fun!

Kristian

Done and dusted!

Hi everybody,

I’m Kristian and am from Denmark. You know me as “kristian_fischer” in Twitch chat and some of you may know me on Twitter as “Tilly”.

I like videogames, movies, music and books. I write a little bit sometimes, when the fancy takes me and I feel like I have something to say.

Generally try to do my best every day.

eeekthekat
    Participant

Darren here, eeekthekat on Twitch chat.

I am into video games, reading, movies, writing poetry, going to concerts, and generally just nerding out to stuff.

rlckansas
    Participant

Hi, I’m Robert. I write SF&F. I read it as well. I also have an interest in history and science.

Kiri Callaghan
      Keymaster

Any of that writing available to read?

Necrodius
        Participant

I do have some shorter stories available on the computer. They are a bit raw, unedited. Still, I can share something if requested. Been working on and off on one story I added a bit of an extended end to. Still have to edit it, fix mistakes, and the like. Still, I can share. I write either mystery, or sci fi, or thriller, etc.. Sometimes some oddball stuff. My true passion lies with a sci-fi verse that has grown in 20 years in my head to a vastness that I have tried and failed 100 times to begin to write about. I have the base unedited core start of the first novel, some 40k words I believe. Aside from that it is all snippets and short stuff and ideas. Nothing solid, really. Again, though, apologize for rambling. Long answer short – yes. Yes I can provide something for you or others to read if you wish.

Necrodius
    Participant

Hi, this is Michael. Primarily on almost everything I am Necrodius (Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, World of Warcraft, Steam, Youtube, etc.). I am a writer, poet, artist, ex movie critic, ex reporter, Tetris Master, and so on πŸ˜›

I also like to read, play games, watch movies, and tv shows. I tend to ramble, and I apologize for that. I have an Associate of Arts in English and an A.A. in History. I love board games, card games, collecting odds and ends, and am a book collector. Anything else you’d like to know, feel free to ask.

I also would like to say, a big thanks to Kiri for starting this forum, and for building such a great community of awesome, caring, and fun individuals.

~Necrodius

P.S. I forgot to mention I am a photographer, with an Instagram. If any other photographers are here, let me know πŸ™‚ Would love to chat photography or books or what not. Have a great day

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Necrodius. Reason: Needed to add a P.S

Zengirl
    Participant

Hi friends! I’m ZoΓ« AKA ZenGirl on basically everything (twitter, instagram, wordpress, twitch, etc. I think I’m something else even older on Steam, but that’s beside the point.)

I’m a writer(SimplySubtext.wordpress.com and Patreon house my stuff for the most part), big reader (books and comics), gamer, paint splatterer, make videos and occasionally I play music. Basically I like making things.

I second the thanks to kiri. Its great to meet you guys πŸ™‚

Dezzles
    Participant

Hey everyone! I’m Daniel, but more commonly Dezzles pretty much everywhere (twitter, youtube, probably instagram)

I do software development stuff professionally and as a hobby, but read a decent amount, play Pokemon and Skyrim almost excessively (ALMOST) make some videos around place and pretend that I get enough sleep.

Awesome to be seeing people I know and those I don’t know popping up in here ^_^

rlckansas
    Participant

One quick suggestion for Necrodius and any other writers peeking in who might want a place to post works and get feedback is Wattpad. I’ve been on there for years, and one of my novels is still a featured work (I think). You can find me here: wattpad.com/user/RobertLCollins. I’m not as active there as I used to be, but I still post on occasion. You can post stories there, get comments, and vote. It’s moderated fairly well, which cuts down on the negativity and spam.

Barubary7
    Participant

Hello!
    My name is Joshua Stevens. I am usually on face book and commenting on youtube as either my name or as Marrick, but here I am Barubary7. (SNES game reference. Don’t ask. Or do!) I like a little bit of everything. I’m almost always poor, but I try to educate myself on a little bit of everything. I enjoy everything from gaming to reading, to art to music. (I have a sweet potato Ocarina because of Zelda, and I can proudly play, “What to do with a drunken sailor pretty well!!) I enjoy all types of music, from Celtic to Opera, to 80’s rock and heavy metal, and gothic bands and everything in between. I genuinely enjoy discussing things with different people on a variety of subjects, though I am extremely introverted, so mostly just online. If I don’t know something, I’m trying to ask more often, instead of just shying away. But that’s me. My first time watching Kiri on youtube was actually her play through of the Longest Journey game. (The first one). Since then, I got introduced to the other Geek & Sundry vlogers, and I feel I learned to accept myself more because of it. I was one of the first hundred to order Kiri’s new book, and YES!!! It smelled very heavenly of freshly printed ink, and I’m enjoying reading Kiri’s great work in hard back. Also, thanks for making this chat forum Kiri. Hopefully I’ll meet and talk with new people and make friends and learn a little something! Okay. that’s it. Have a nice day all.

Ahighwayman
    Participant

Hi ya groovy people!

I’m Moody( Ahighwayman out in cyberspace). In addition to teaching High School Literature and Social Studies, I spend most of my time playing D&D with my young nephews (corrupt ’em young i say); trying to see every theater show in the PNW; and doing what I can for various social advocacy groups.

I am exceedingly grateful for this community, and am excited for this opportunity to increase my interaction in it.

Cheers all!

Necrodius
    Participant

Hi to all the new posters here. As for the reply to the writers here, rickansas, I appreciate it. I will definitely have to check that out. As of right now I really don’t have much posted online except a couple movie critiques and a dark, creepy flash fiction for Halloween. A lot of what I write tends to be on the darker end of things, but not all of it. Would like to get some of it up there. There is an interesting story I wrote, a mystery, that I think I want to showcase first. That is, if I can edit it as well as I hope I can. Most of what I write, as I said, is raw and unedited, meaning there are lots of mistakes here and there and errors. Still, they can be interesting reads. At least I think so lol I haven’t shared much of anything with anyone since college.

Trovlos
    Participant

Hello fellow Curiosities,
    My name is David Koble, but I go by Trovlos online. I live in North Dakota where I work as a cook. In my spare time, I play video and board games, and if I make time read. I enjoy a wide range of music, and see as many live shows I can, the living in ND kinda limits that. Look forward to chatting with you all.

r2s11
    Participant

Yo! I’m R2 (r2s11 on Twitter), but in the real world my name is Amanda. I live in southern Louisiana but I am originally from Oklahoma. I draw (Instagram under masterofthepan) I also DM for my friends on occasion anything from D20 modern to 5th edition. I play things like League of Legends, Hearthstone, Magic of the Gathering and sometimes Diablo. Looking forward to talking to all of ya.

Galforc
    Participant

Greetings one and all!

My name is Chris Galford, probably more recognizable here as “Galforc” from Twitch chat and “Aurinth” from Twitter.

I’m more of a Rogue than a Bard, but I’m a journalist by day and a SF&F writer by night, hoping to one day make that the actual job (dream big, kids). Author of a fantasy series of novels. My social accounts of late have been a touch overtaken by all the political stuff running rampant, but I usually enjoy more things pertaining to writing, video games and just about everything speculative.

*waves*

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Galforc.

Jenelmo
    Participant

Greetings Everyone
    My name is Jens, i go by Jenelmo on twitter and Twitch.
    I am a 27 year old engineering student from Denmark.
    In my free time I like to play boardgames, and read mostly scifi and fantasy.

IkiFoo
    Participant

Hello, collection of nice people with stylish eyebrows. I’m Gordon, but I generally call myself IkiFoo on the interwibble.
    I’m from Scotland, I work as a software engineer, I like cats and point ‘n’ click games.
    …yup, I think that’s everything.

Barubary7
    Participant

Nice to meet you IkFoo !!! I feel so lame. I just work at UPS.

Kaelrin
    Participant

Hi everyone! This is the first forum of which I have been a member, so please bear with me if I make the odd faux pas. In brief: I am 34 next month, love reading and the occasional drink.

It is nice to see so many people come together to chat and support Kiri πŸ™‚

Rayven01
    Participant

Hello all! I am a software engineer, gamer, big reader and otherwise all around geek. I am a little jealous of all you creators out there, but beyond the software I write at work I find myself with a serious lack of imagination/inspiration after a few fitful tries at writing original fantasy. I was a fan of G&S from the get-go, and really connected with Kiri’s personality and topics during the G&S vlogs. Once that ended I kept up via Patreon. I tend to only have time to watch things in fits and starts so the live aspect of the twitch platform doesn’t really work for me and I’m almost never active in those chats. Having a non-live forum like this is much more my speed!

Kiri, your genuine forthrightness, honesty, and of course relentless curiosity never fails to shine through. It’s really a rarity, even today when so many people share “themselves” over the internet. You always bring a smile to my face, and I think to many others. Keep up the good work!

Necrodius
    Participant

Hello all. Long time, no hear. How is everyone doing? I tried to find some of my stories to post and share. Sadly, I can’t find most. I think they were on an external hard drive I lost in a move…. Still, I will keep searching. Will hopefully find them sometime. That aside, how has everyone been so far in 2017?

coleslawhaha
    Participant

Hello Friends (If you’re not a friend already, consider this an official invite to be friends).

My name is Michael H, And will either be under the name TaiChiRugger (twitch) or Coleslawhaha (twitter). My life has been a long and wondrous journey from New York, to Boston, to Seattle, and finally settling in SF. In that path I worked in Theater, then lived in a Zen temple, eventually went into elementary education and finally tech support. I currently work for a startup in SF.

For fun I play video games, read, and try to feed my starving imagination. I also design board games for fun.

Also, my new favorite thing is “Bitch, I’m here for the story!”

Necrodius
    Participant

Nice to meet all the new posters on here. Gotta give all in this thread +100 to Awesome Rating πŸ˜› coleslawhaha I love that quote too, by the way lol And Rayven, I have so many issues writing anything anymore, myself. Still, that is the thing about writing, it doesn’t have to be polished or perfect or anything of the sort, as long as you enjoy it, it is your own masterpiece πŸ™‚ Most of my own writing is full of errors both in spelling and phrasing and the like. Still, I like what I wrote, flawed or not, and even if it is just for me it is nice to know I wrote something, created something, and someday, maybe, I will share some of the stuff if and/or when I can ever find anything again. Have one story in mind would like to share, but can’t find it. That aside, rambling done, greetings to all the new curiosities here πŸ™‚ Nice to meet you all. If you didn’t see it before, I am primarily Necrodius on pretty much everything lol there are people who used the name after I did, but almost every major social media and gaming thing I am THE Necrodius. Again, take care.

~Necrodius
    aka M. K. Klemmer

Rayven01
      Participant

Hello Necrodius! My issue isn’t so much with the mechanics of writing (I am actually a pretty good technical writer, for instance), it’s with a decided lack of imagination. I just can’t seem to think up stories of my own. I think it has something to do with the fact that I can’t remember my dreams when I wake up. It’s tough to write fiction when your subconscious absolutely refuses to take notes. πŸ˜‰

Necrodius
    Participant

What is good to do is have a dream journal, Rayven01. I have done it in the past, a journal and pen next to your bed. When you wake up, before your memory degrades the dream write as much as you can down. I have tried to retain dreams long enough to get to a computer and type them out, but it is strange how the memory degrades what you JUST dreamt about for a long time so quickly. Another thing is a tape recorder, or a recorder on a phone, when you awake hit record and even if you are half awake explain the dream. You can make sense of it later. Trust me lol I have some jarbly recordings of me mumbling about dreams I just had that I can barely remember now lol I hope that helps out. Coming up with stuff can be hard, I have trouble drawing for instance. I just have so much willpower, I get paper and pen and… poof. I just can’t get myself to do it, to create something new. I used to all the time, it can be frustrating not able to create when you want to. But, I hope the dream journal and recording idea do help you. Good luck.

~Necrodius

JPRakath

Hey all! You know me as JP Rakath, mostly from Twitter I guess. Hi!
    I’m from northern Finland, where there’s no daylight during winter and no darkness during summer. By day I’m a mild-mannered fella who sits in an office, but during night I’m a mild-mannered fella who messes around with photoshop. Sometimes I get to create art for amazing people, and those are always the best days.
    I guess that’s it. Hi!

Necrodius
    Participant

Hello, and welcome, JP Rakath πŸ™‚ Glad to have you in the forums, and to any other I missed greetings as well πŸ™‚ Thanks for being part of the community. So what kind of stuff do you photoshop? Nature? Advertisement? People? Animals? Just curious. I am a dabbler in art on and off, trying to reignite my flame from when I was younger. Hope you all have a great day.

~Necrodius

RenaissanceGamer
    Participant

Hello, all! Signed up a while back but just now realized I had forgot to post here. I come to the forums by way of the frozen Canadian Prairies (though not so frozen at the moment; thanks for screwing up my hibernation, climate change!), where I work for my city government by day and nerd out about tabletop gaming by night. And, okay, also by day. I’m also a fiction and gaming editor, working for On Spec Magazine as well as many freelance projects. And somewhere in there I find time to run a local SF fiction festival, Pure Spec, as well keep a blog called Renaissance Gamer.

I’m @DorklordCanada on Twitter if you want to chat. I came across The Bard years ago on Geek & Sundry and haven’t stopped enjoying her enthusiastic curiosity and geekery.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.